When you find a good truffle recipe (like these Oreo truffles), it starts you thinking what other flavours you could make.
These honeycomb truffles are every bit as tasty as the Oreo truffles. The Crunchie spread has mini honeycomb pieces, which stay crunchy inside the truffles.
The filling is made up of chocolate, cream, butter, and Crunchie chocolate honeycomb spread, and requires no oven.
Just when you thought it couldn't get any better: a layer of milk chocolate topped with honeycomb pieces finishes these truffles off perfectly.
This recipe makes about 40 honeycomb truffles, which keep for around 5 days. These are perfect for sharing, or for keeping all to yourself - no judgement here!
FOR THE TRUFFLES:
• 350g milk chocolate
• 120ml double cream
• 30g butter
• 165g Crunchie honeycomb spread
FOR THE CHOCOLATE COATING:
• 250g milk chocolate
• 60g Crunchie bars, crushed
1. In a medium saucepan, place the milk chocolate, double cream, butter and Crunchie spread. Melt over medium-low heat until everything has combined.
2. Pour the melted truffle mixture into a bowl, and refrigerate for 3-4 hours, until set.
3. Roll into truffle-sized balls, and place on a baking tray lined with greaseproof paper. Refrigerate for another 30 minutes.
4. Melt the chocolate in a bowl in the microwave. Dip the truffles into the melted chocolate and place back on the baking tray. Before the chocolate sets, sprinkle on some crushed honeycomb pieces.
5. Leave the truffles at room temperature until the chocolate sets.