Fudgy, rich chocolate brownies filled with white chocolate chips
- 190 g unsalted butter
- 190 g dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 200 g chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C fan)
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin.
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together and then leave to cool.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs and caster sugar until thick, foamy and creamy. This may take 3-5 minutes with a hand mixer.
- Pour the cooled butter-chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse and stir in. Don’t worry too much about knocking the air out, it’ll just make the brownies even fudgier!
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Try not to overmix at this stage.
- Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is crispy and there is a slight wobble. They will firm up slightly as they cool.
- Leave to cool completely in the tin.
- Turn out of the tin, slice and enjoy!
Keywords: brownies, white chocolate chip brownies, chocolate