Fudgy chocolate brownies filled with Oreos
- 190 g butter
- 190 g dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 24 Oreos (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for a fan oven)
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together. Leave to cool to room temperature
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until thick, foamy and creamy. This may take 3-5 minutes with a hand mixer
- Pour the cooled butter-chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse and stir in. Don’t worry too much about knocking the air out, it’ll just make the brownies even fudgier!
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Try not to overmix at this stage
- Fold in the Oreos. Pour the brownie batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is crispy and there is a slight wobble
- They will firm up slightly as they cool. Leave to cool completely in the tin, then turn out, slice and enjoy!