Just when you thought brownies couldn't get any better, let me introduce these Oreo cookie brownies. They're stuffed with Oreos for a cookie and cream flavour in a fudgy brownie.
These Oreo brownies are filled with chocolate, butter, and sugar to make them deliciously fudgy and moreish. Adding crushed Oreos adds cookies and cream flavour which takes these to the next level.
For the crispy brownie topping
The signature crispy topping is one element of what makes these brownies so moreish.
The key to getting the perfect brownie topping is what we do with the eggs.
In a separate bowl, whisk the caster sugar and eggs until they’re really fluffy and pale. This creates a meringue-like mixture which, when cooks, creates that perfect topping.
For the brownie base
Next, mix in the plain flour and cocoa powder. This recipe doesn’t use any raising agents because you want to keep the dense fudginess in this recipe.
It might seem like a lot of cocoa powder, but it’s completely necessary. The melted chocolate create the rich chocolate foundation and the cocoa powder adds another dimension of chocolate flavour.
This recipe uses 24 Oreos, or two tubes of Oreos. You crush them up and mix them straight into the brownie batter, and sprinkle some more on top before you bake them.
Baking the perfect brownies
Once the batter has all those Oreos mixed in, spoon it into the cake tin. Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your preference. 20 minutes is great for more of a fudgy brownie and 25 minutes is perfect for more of a cakey brownie.
Remember that they'll cook slightly as they cool, so take them out of the oven ever so slightly before you think they look done.
Cool them completely by leaving them in the tin, then turn out and slice into 9 big slices, or 16 small slices.
That's all there is to these Oreo cookie brownies!
Do you love brownies?
Try these recipes if you're looking for more delicious versions:Print
Fudgy chocolate brownies filled with Oreos
- 190 g butter
- 190 g dark chocolate
- 3 large eggs
- 250 g caster sugar
- 85 g plain flour
- 50 g cocoa powder
- 24 Oreos (crushed)
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (160°C for a fan oven)
- Grease and line an 8 inch square tin
- Melt the butter and dark chocolate together. Leave to cool to room temperature
- Whisk the eggs and caster sugar until thick, foamy and creamy. This may take 3-5 minutes with a hand mixer
- Pour the cooled butter-chocolate mixture over the eggy mousse and stir in. Don’t worry too much about knocking the air out, it’ll just make the brownies even fudgier!
- Stir in the flour and cocoa powder until just combined. Try not to overmix at this stage
- Fold in the Oreos. Pour the brownie batter into the cake tin.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, until the top is crispy and there is a slight wobble
- They will firm up slightly as they cool. Leave to cool completely in the tin, then turn out, slice and enjoy!