Peanut butter is one of those things that I don't like on it's own, but I will happily eat when it's made into a dessert. All the sugar and butter probably helps!
These bars are quick and easy and require no oven time. You can whip them up in less than 10 minutes, then just pop them in the fridge to chill.
These are made with everyday cupboard ingredients. You only need some icing sugar, butter, peanut butter and chocolate. These are easily made vegan too, simply by using vegan butter and vegan chocolate.
This recipe makes 16 good-sized slices. Or you can cut them smaller, because then you can have two slices!
• 300g light brown sugar
• 200g icing sugar
• 160g butter
• 300g peanut butter (not natural)
• 200g chocolate
1. Line a 9 inch square cake tin with greaseproof paper
2. In a microwaveable dish, melt 80g of the butter. Stir in the brown sugar, and icing sugar. Press into the cake tin.
3. Melt the chocolate and remaining 80g butter. Stir carefully. Pour over the peanut butter mix and spread evenly.
4. Refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Take out of the fridge 10 minutes before serving, to cut into slices.