Deliciously fluffy banana muffins with an irresistible Nutella centre
- 80g butter, melted
- 100g light brown sugar
- 30g yogurt (plain, or vanilla)
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for a fan oven). Line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix the melted butter with the light brown sugar, until combined.
- Add in the yogurt, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter at this point.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the muffin batter evenly into the muffin cases. Fill each muffin case 3/4 full.
- Spoon Nutella into the middle of the batter in each muffin case. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the muffin batter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the muffins have risen and are golden
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste
Keywords: banana Nutella muffins