These banana Nutella muffins were a long time coming. These banana muffins are deliciously fluffy with three bananas and a dollop of yogurt and giant swirls of Nutella in the centre!
Let's be honest, it was only a matter of time before I made some banana bread or banana muffins. Banana bread seems to be the national food of lockdown!
These muffins come together so quickly and use ingredients that are likely already in your cupboard, or that you can hopefully find in your supermarket.
They start with butter and brown sugar, to add a warmth to the muffin. Then you add the good stuff: mashed ripe bananas (you can mash them with a fork, with your hands or with a food processor), an egg and a good dollop of yogurt to make them super moist.
I added vanilla yogurt to mine to add another layer of vanilla flavour, but plain yogurt would also work really well.
Next it's time for the dry ingredients: flour, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda to make it rise, and ground cinnamon. I love cinnamon in banana breads, I think it makes it taste like it's just come out of the oven, so I'd always recommend adding some.
The Nutella Swirl
These are banana Nutella muffins, but we know we're really only here for the Nutella filling. Banana + chocolate = HEAVEN.
A small jar of Nutella is all you need for these muffins, although I would say you can never have too much Nutella...
Once you've made the batter and scooped in into the muffin tin, simply just spoon giant blobs of Nutella into each muffin case. Use a knife to swirl it in a bit and the muffins are ready for the oven!
*Recipe adapted from Inspired TastePrint
Deliciously fluffy banana muffins with an irresistible Nutella centre
- 80g butter, melted
- 100g light brown sugar
- 30g yogurt (plain, or vanilla)
- 1 large egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
- 200g plain flour
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 200g Nutella
- Preheat the oven to 190°C (170°C for a fan oven). Line a muffin tin with muffin cases
- In a large bowl, use a wooden spoon to mix the melted butter with the light brown sugar, until combined.
- Add in the yogurt, egg, vanilla extract and mashed bananas. Mix until everything is combined.
- Add the flour, ground cinnamon, baking powder and bicarbonate of soda. Mix until just combined, being careful not to overmix the batter at this point.
- Use an ice cream scoop to scoop the muffin batter evenly into the muffin cases. Fill each muffin case 3/4 full.
- Spoon Nutella into the middle of the batter in each muffin case. Use a knife to swirl the Nutella into the muffin batter
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until the muffins have risen and are golden
Recipe adapted from Inspired Taste
Keywords: banana Nutella muffins